Re: Screenshots, frame shots straight from Emacs

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Screenshots, frame shots straight from Emacs
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 23:22:51 +0800

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 7:41 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 7:05 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> >
> > * Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-07-23 11:57]:
> > > Other possible processing includes highlighting some regions with
> > > square or circle,  adding some text comments, and drawing some lines
> > > or arrows, and so on. I'm not sure whether all these trivial
> > > operations can be done by the method similar to the above.
> >
> > If you wish to make a PDF file with annotations or otherwise annotate
> > other PDF files, I am recommending this application:
> >
> > Description     : Handwriting notetaking software with PDF annotation
> > support
> > URL             : https://github.com/xournalpp/xournalpp
> >
> > Now when you make a screenshot you can then open up Xournalapp and
> > import the image and make your annotations on the image, save as
> > PDF. Similar can be done with graphics editors such as GIMP.
>
> GIMP is wonderful, but for this situation, it is a bit too cumbersome.
>
> > See example in attachment.
>
> Thank you for telling me this wonderful tool. As far as I know, I
> summarize several tools discussed and suggested here till now:
>
> [1] https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick
> [2] https://github.com/xournalpp/xournalpp
> [3] https://github.com/ksnip/ksnip

I no longer recommend using ksnip based on my preliminary use experience.

> [4] https://github.com/shutter-project/shutter

For shutter compilation from its git master source code, see [1].

[1] https://github.com/shutter-project/shutter/issues/370#issuecomment-886063326

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province