Re: Emacs i18n

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 16:01:54 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-07-21 11:57]:
> Well, they have resources to do that, and hire themselves and
> each other to do the job for the right price. A lot is for
> political reasons, also. But, obviously I don't know how
> everything happens there, but of course the international
> language is English there as well as everywhere else.

What means international? Is it for all countries or just few
countries?

Maybe interpretation is too narrow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

Order the table by the number of first language speakers.

Look at the number one language spoken in the world, which is which?
Chinese. 1.12 billion speakers! It is definitely international
language by definition.

Spanish is second language by first language speakers. It is
international.

Then comes English, Hindi, Portuguese.

--
Jean