F10 Menu Cursor Invisible

From: Richmond
Subject: F10 Menu Cursor Invisible
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 19:37:58 +0100

I have started emacs with -nw --color=never in mate-terminal. (This also
applies to xterm). When I press f10 I can see the menus, but when I
press down arrow I cannot see which menu item is highlighted. Is that a
bug?

Is there a way to get the menu in the minibuffer as it used to
appear in the old days?

(P.S. There are groups called gnu.emacs.help on news.gnus.org, and on
news.aioe.org, which seem to be disconnected from each other and this
list. It must be confusing for people.)