Re: SLIME and SBCL (Common Lisp)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: SLIME and SBCL (Common Lisp)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 08:47:56 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Before few years, SLIME worked just fine. I don't know now,
> somehow it breaks connection too often.

Okay, strange, I wonder why that happens?

> SBCL does not have a readline.

A readline, you mean like in C?

But in Lisp we instead have the REPL, and SBCL has that,
of course.

Or you mean something like `read-from-minibuffer'?

Or what do you mean? :)

> Yesterday I was supposed to write a general Double Opt-In
> program in Common Lisp but I wrote it in Emacs Lisp. I guess
> I will have to rewrite it in Common Lisp, then I will do the
> same in Chicken, Dr. Racket, Scheme and Perl, then maybe
> other languages to add.

A lot of schemes you have, why write the same program in
several languages?

"Chicken [...] is a programming language, specifically
a compiler and interpreter which implement a dialect of the
programming language Scheme, and which compiles Scheme source
code to standard C"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_(Scheme_implementation)>

Dr Racket (or just Racket), a Lisp dialect from 1995 based on
Scheme: "It is designed as a platform for programming language
design and implementation [...] Racket is also used for
scripting, computer science education, and research"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racket_(programming_language)>

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal