Re: with-eval-after-load with sh-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: with-eval-after-load with sh-mode
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 17:45:01 +0200

Arthur Miller wrote:

> You don't need to require sh-script.el. sh-mode is
> autolaoded function so Emacs will load sh-script when
> sh-mode is invoked automatically.

You sometimes need to `require' it anyway, e.g. try setting
the face `sh-escaped-newline' to something.

The byte-compiler seems to be OK with it (it doesn't say
anything) but when the file that does it is loaded it says
that's an invalid face and everything comes to a halt.

BTW it seems you don't need the hook solution for this
particular mode, just require and set the faces, when the mode
is loaded the faces are OK what I can see.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal