Re: Org mode rant

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Org mode rant
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 02:46:13 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

>> Sure but not everyone likes it.
>
> For notes I have been using database for long time, then in
> 2016, I found about Org mode, and it is quite helpful to
> quickly without direct LaTeX usage generate good quality PDF
> files

Sorry, you can't do that. Org mode is a way of organizing
data, it is not a generator of documents. Is the answer I got
anyway when I asked how to make the result look civilized. Ha.

re: LaTeX I was once told "you are obsessed with LaTeX"
(Swedish "du är besatt av LaTeX", it literally means that).
I answered "Yeah? What about you?" ("Okej? Du då?") and he
just said "No" ("Nej") and left.

In denial...

> Markdown

Markdown a lot of FOSS people have been in touch with since
the READMEs with all the square brackets you get when you get
FOSS software, that is Markdown.

Unbelievable BTW, I was just using it!

It can look like this to get a 2nd degree header, a quote and
a table with centered columns and a hyperlink.

I guess I like it fine - so far.

## version history

_Try, try again!_
NGE