Re: Fix the destroyed disk image partition table in a raw image file usi

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Fix the destroyed disk image partition table in a raw image file using Emacs.
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 16:39:51 +0300

* Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-04-11 16:35]:
> It's well known that Emacs is an 8-bit clean editor which makes it
> safe to edit binary files. So, I want to whether I can fix the above
> destroyed disk image file with Emacs for my scenario.

There is hexl library:

;; This package implements a major mode for editing binary files.  It uses
;; a program called hexl, supplied with the GNU Emacs distribution, that
;; can filter a binary into an editable format or from the format back into
;; binary.  For full instructions, invoke `hexl-mode' on an empty buffer and
;; do M-x `describe-mode'.

But I guess you need `hexl' program.

--
Jean