Re: Org mode & "literate programming": including files

From: Bob Heffernan
Subject: Re: Org mode & "literate programming": including files
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 22:59:44 +0100

On 21-04-06 23:18, Nikolay Kudryavtsev wrote:
> In org mode you can extract your source code from the org file into a proper
> language specific file. The general idea is that you write your library in
> org, then you tangle it into a proper scheme file and then just import that.
> See this part of the manual for more info (info "(org) Extracting Source
> Code")
> <https://orgmode.org/manual/Extracting-Source-Code.html#Extracting-Source-Code>.

Nikolay,

Thank you for your help.  Something like the following isn't
particularly elegant, but it works.  Perhaps as I learn more I'll be
able to clean it up.

#+name: lib
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent
(car (org-babel-tangle-file "/home/bob/projects/literate/foo.org"))
#+end_src
#+begin_src scheme :var input=lib :results silent
(load input)
#+end_src
#+begin_src scheme
(f 1)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS[7f10...]:

: 2

> Also, while you can expect people on this list to have a reasonable amount
> of org knowledge, the best place to ask org questions is actually
> emacs-orgmode@gnu.org mailing list.

I'll bear this in mind.  Thanks.

Regards,
Bob