Re: EIEIO: A question about interfaces

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: EIEIO: A question about interfaces
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 18:38:11 -0500

You might have more luck asking those questions in something like
`comp.lang.lisp` since ELisp implements a large subset of CLOS (tho not
the MOP part).

> A cool solution would be if `make-instance' would allow to specify
> multiple classes, or if I could alter an already existing object that is
> an instance of my-17 (which stands for an arbitrary subclass of my-1) so
> that is also becomes an instance of `my-foo-interface`,

I can't see any immediate reason why EIEIO couldn't be extended with
classes created on the fly so you could do something like:

    (make-instance (eieio-mix 'my-1 'my-foo-interface) ...)

-- Stefan