Re: Reply-To -> CC?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: Reply-To -> CC?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 04:49:50 +0000

Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:

> I'm using Gnus.  That's actually the only connection of this question to
> Emacs, sorry.

> My question: Is it possible to setup the message header of a message to
> person A so that a person B is CC'd, and to specify something in the
> Reply-To header so that when A responds, the message is send to me and
> also automatically CC'd to B again?  Or can this be forced in some other
> way?

> I ask because some people's MUAs seem to silently drop the CC'd address
> and those people then fall out of the discussion.

AFAIK: It is not possible to preset a Cc: header, but you
can preset the To: header with Reply-To: which can hold
/multiple/ mail addresses, e. g. the message's author and B.

(Of course, with regard to your original problem, there is
also the human factor: If I get a message that the author
Cced to B, I don't necessarily assume that my answer should
be Cced to B as well; perhaps the author only wanted B to
see the author's message.  Therefore it might be useful to
spell out in each message who should be kept in the loop and
why (or use a ticketing system :-)).)

Tim