RE: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using the up-arrow key)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 13:15:35 -0800 (PST)

> From there I understand it. Basically I do the same but I was
> referring to individual line debugging of let form rather than
> debugging in continual run of the program.

The use of `message' that you just showed doesn't
do that.  The use of `message' that I spoke of does
do it - use `message' in the binding forms:

(let* ((fred      42)
       (_IGNORED  (setq fred  'nope-24))
       (_NADA     (message "FRED: %S" fred))
       ;; ...
       (_NADA     (message "FRED: %S, "FROG: %S" fred frog))
       ;; ...
       )
  ;; ...
  )