Re: git.el maintenance

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: git.el maintenance
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:01:45 -0500

() Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnuvola.org>
() Sat, 21 Nov 2020 20:18:48 -0500

   Is anyone maintaining git.el (the one that used to be
   distributed w/ Git proper)?  Recent versions of Git seem to
   disavow git.el, suggesting the user use Magit, etc., instead.

   I ask because i've made some local changes to it and am on
   the fence about picking it up as a(nother) maintenance
   burden...

"But ttn, the more you grok it the less the burden becomes."

Fine already!

I hereby declare myself the unwitting maintainer of git.el, at
least until Someone More Unwitting shows up.  In the meantime,
patches welcome.  Interested co-witless-wonders please see:

 https://gitlab.com/restio-al-restio/personal-elisp/

for updates (among all the other drek in that repo).  You can
either mail me directly or open an issue, etc.  We'll see if i
can post a release in a week or so, before eom...

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2020) Software Libero