Re: Writing text which is not interpreted by Org

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Writing text which is not interpreted by Org
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:30:04 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> How can I write text which is not interpreted by Org
>
> Because in the following code, Org interprets * as a heading.
>
> -------- Gunga-Din.org --------
>
> #+begin_src text
> * [/] [%] Heading
> #+end_src

>From (info "(org) Literal Examples")

    12.6 Literal Examples
    =====================

    You can include literal examples that should not be subjected to markup.
    Such examples are typeset in monospace, so this is well suited for
    source code and similar examples.

         #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
           Some example from a text file.
         #+END_EXAMPLE

       There is one limitation, however.  You must insert a comma right
    before lines starting with either ‘*’, ‘,*’, ‘#+’ or ‘,#+’, as those may
    be interpreted as outlines nodes or some other special syntax.  Org
    transparently strips these additional commas whenever it accesses the
    contents of the block.

         #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
         ,* I am no real headline
         #+END_EXAMPLE