Re: Cycle Org Shift Select

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Cycle Org Shift Select
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:12:43 -0500

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 at 10:23, Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> wrote:

> I am a little concerned that (nconc Shftsel Shftsel) will continually
> append, rather than just cycle through the list.

I don't understand what you mean by "continually append", but your
code will never reach `always' because you have `nil' again after `t'.
It should be enough to just put `nil' after `always':

    (defun Org-Shftsel-Cycle ()
      ;; Switches between options to org-support-shift-select
      (interactive)
      (setq org-support-shift-select
            (cadr (memq org-support-shift-select '(nil t always nil)))))

You could also use a circular list which saves a cons cell (i.e.,
point back to the first `nil', instead of having an "extra" one at the
end):

'#1=(nil t always . #1#)