Prevent multi-line reformatting of embedded calc results

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Prevent multi-line reformatting of embedded calc results
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 08:43:32 +0000

Hello all,

TL;DR: how do I control (or prevent) the formatting of the evaluated
embedded Calc lines?

I use embedded Calc quite a bit.  In one of my use cases, I have a
specific format expected for the lines as the resulting document is
post-processed.  In this case, I want all individual Calc expressions,
including with the => results, to be constrained to a single line each.

If the overall line ends up longer than the window is wide, Calc
reformats to use multiple lines, breaking at obvious points.  Normally,
this would be quite desirable but, in my use case, it breaks the
post-processing.

I can make the window wider (I do have a very wide screen) but this is
fragile as equations & results get updated automatically and I may not
notice.

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4 on Debian bullseye/sid