Re: the Elisp robot [photo]

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: the Elisp robot [photo]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:28:03 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-10-21 09:42]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > How does it communicate with droid?
>
> :) ... I'm not following, what is "it"?

IT, the alien? IT the horror movie? :-)

How does your Emacs Lisp package communicate with the droid?

> > By which communication line?
>
> The communication line from my computer to the robot
> is WiFi!

Aaaaaaaaa..... like that, and I was thinking if it is TCP port or
what.

> So: install the Debian-ish ev3dev OS, get the bot
> online, ssh to the bot, install Emacs, bring over the
> initial set of Elisp files, run Emacs with them on
> the bot, they call the robot's primitives.

Aha, I was thinking that your Emacs Lisp package is remote from robot,
and you give commands, of course that would not be robot in the sense
to be automatic. But you also need some remote control to program it.

And how does the internal OS communicates with robot commands? Are
those shell commands or how?