Changing Key Mappings

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Changing Key Mappings
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:25:33 +0200

   I have changed my key-mappings to

   1.  Map the Hyper Key in place of the Super Key

   2. Interchange the Ctrl Key with the Alt and Meta Key

   After writing the re-mapping commands in the file Xmodmap and running
   it through the xmodmap program using 'xmodmap  Xmodmap' , I have tested
   my new key-bindings in Emacs and are working as expected.

      I used to think that all the 'clear', 'keycode', and 'add' commands
   have to
   be grouped together. I think that was a mistake in my thinking

   cat  Xmodmap

   !
   ! Using the Hyper Key in place of the Super Key
   !
   clear mod4
   keycode 133 = Hyper_L NoSymbol Hyper_L
   keycode 134 = Hyper_L NoSymbol Hyper_L
   keycode 207 = NoSymbol Super_R NoSymbol Super_R
   add mod3 = Super_L Super_R
   add mod4 = Hyper_L
   !
   ! Interchanging the Ctrl Key with the Alt Key and Meta Key
   !
   clear control
   clear mod1
   keycode  37 = Alt_L Meta_L Alt_L Meta_L
   keycode  64 = Control_L NoSymbol Control_L
   add control = Control_L Control_R
   add mod1 = Alt_L Meta_L