Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs -> emacs.pdmp

From: ken
Subject: Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs -> emacs.pdmp
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 08:46:43 -0400

On 8/28/20 7:17 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: ken <gebser@mousecar.com>
>> Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 06:50:34 -0400
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>>
>>> You could try
>>>
>>> (setq debug-on-message "Error during redisplay")
>>>
>>> at the top of your .emacs. Although I suspect grepping through your
>>> package code might be quicker (thatʼs typically somewhere under
>>> "~/.emacs.d")
>>>
>>> Roert
>> Good suggestion about the text search, but "grep -ri timerp *" returned
>> nothing.
> As I said in another message, you should drop everything and first
> resolve the problem with Emacs not finding its emacs.pdmp file.  That
> long series of "Loading foo..." messages should never appear at
> startup time.
>
> How did you install Emacs? are there any symlinks or other redirection
> methods involved in reaching the Emacs executable from its usual
> place?

Maybe also worth mentioning:

$ emacs --version ; rpm -q emacs
GNU Emacs 27.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
emacs-27.1-1.1.x86_64

I'll check if there are any upgrades and if so do them.