Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:52:06 -0300

Em [2020-04-15 qua 00:01:38-0400], Stefan Monnier escreveu:

>> To placate Flycheck regarding the use of cl-assert, I required
>> 'cl-macs when compiling.  So I had:
>
> Bad idea.  `cl-assert` might be in `cl-macs` but might not.
> The library that provides `cl-assert` is `cl-lib`.  Which parts of
> `cl-lib` are actually in `cl-macs` or `cl-seq` or `cl-extra` or ... is
> an internal detail that can change at any point.

Thank you for the information.  I have fixed my code.  There still
remains the oddity that `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl-lib))` must
come before the declare-function of cl-set-difference or else Flycheck
complains.  However, at least now I can fix it by reorganizing the code
-- and, now that I think, the `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl-lib))`
fits nicely at the beginning of the file.

Regards
--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.