Am I misrembering comment-region == C-c #?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Am I misrembering comment-region == C-c #?
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 08:55:19 -0600

For programming modes where '#' is the comment character (shell scripts,
Python, etc), I'm used to having comment-region bound to C-c #. That seems
to no longer be the case (GNU Emacs 25.2.2). When I first thought about
griping about the change, I investigated a bit and found that M-; would
comment a region (a key sequence I generally only ever used in Emacs Lisp
mode to add a comment to the current line), so I'm good to go.

Still, did I miss a memo somewhere? I'm not terribly well plugged into the
Emacs dev community, so probably. Oddly enough, in C mode C-c C-c is bound
to comment-region (though M-; works there as well). I assume the change was
made in the interests of consistency.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro