Re: vc for git users.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: vc for git users.
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 18:31:33 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 17:31:47 +0200
>
> > Yes, Git is brainwashing us.
>
> I don't think it's fair. Git provides good tools.

That's orthogonal.  The "brainwashing" part is about breaking too many
mental models the other VCSes follow, and adding too many concepts
that are unique to Git.

> Just the other day I was thinking of how to commit only a part of
> changes in a file. Git makes it easy with 'git add -p', using the
> staging area.
>
> Not sure what the closest VCS-neutral approach would be. Selecting
> chunks somehow in a vc-diff buffer?

No, the VCS-neutral approach is let you commit only the part of the
changes you want.  The backend could stash the rest, or use "git add",
or whatever.