Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes

From: ndame
Subject: Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:24:14 +0000 (GMT)

> Crystal ball says it's related to the fonts you use.  Does setting
> inhibit-compacting-font-caches to a non-nil value help?

Yes, thank you. With that set to t the scrolling slowness disappears.

The strange thing is I tested the problem with emacs -q, so it
didn't use any of my usual fonts, it picked up only the windows
system default fonts.

I checked the affected info nodes and I don't see any special
formatting or fonts there compared to other info pages which were
quick to scroll.

The only apparent thing is the symbol names. Those use the
Info-quoted face and curly quotes :

  Compare ‘make-list’ with ‘make-string’ ..

Maybe those cause the slowdown.