Re: What is the policy for moving a feature into core or not?

From: ndame
Subject: Re: What is the policy for moving a feature into core or not?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:58:14 +0200 (CEST)

> Hm. Doing "M-x package-list-packages" and searching there for "kill" yields a
> few hits, among them:

As I said I know about such external packages, and it was only an example.
I'm just wondering if there is policy of keeping the core (elpa included) small
lessen the burden of emacs maintainers, or there is no such policy,
and if people submitted the necessary papers then they could dump packages into
elpa by the thousand.