Re: About "no-deps".

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: About "no-deps".
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 21:43:32 +0200

Hi Andrei,

Andrei Korzhyts <andreikorzhyts@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello.
> I'm using Windows 10 (64).
> I'm new to Emacs.
> I have never found the answer which package to download emacs-26.2-x86_64
> or emacs-26.2-x86_64-no-deps.
> Please write about it in the manual. I read the manual, but there is no
> information about the difference between these packages.
> Thanks.

>From the manual, you get to the download webpage.

Once you've picked the folder with the version you want, you have a file
called 'README' that explains to you what these files are.

In short, I would just use the simplest one:

    emacs-26.2-x86_64

if not, mostly quoting the README:

    If you do not want these features (if you have them already for
    instance, or you want the smallest possible Emacs), then you may use
    the files emacs-VER-no-deps.zip.

Bruno