Re: [offtopic] Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Van L
Subject: Re: [offtopic] Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 23:28:35 +1000

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org>
writes:

>> Do you buy books at smile.amazon.com and set your
>> charity to Free Software Foundation Inc?
>
> No, because that's money that's supposed to go
> to Amazon's workers.

The amounts in the spreadsheet is probably a
rounding error and would amount to 3 doses of
daily sugarwater for your yellow vested protester
in Paris per month.

> I decided to totally quit Amazon and order all
> my English books at Powell's, where they pay
> decent wages to their employees. For books in
> other languages I order through a local
> bookstore.

My local favorite bookstore eventually caved and
closed when the 3 customers who offered to buy all
their books in 1 go, did.

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835