Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 22:54:17 +0900

> On Jun 8, 2019, at 22:30, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> We have an enormously complex piece of software on
> our hands, and we have no better choice than going the "inconvenient"
> ways when we want to rebind an unusual key.

In all honesty:

(define-key input-decode-map "\C-[" [C-left-bracket])
(define-key global-map [C-left-bracket] 'myfunction)

is not inconvenient at all. What is inconvenient is the discovery process.

Knowing what I know about emacs (which is above the casual user) and even with
the willingness to go through the manual, it would have been (it *has* been)
impossible for me to find that solution.

Now, what I'd love to know is what are the other "unusual" keys, because as a
group, they deserve a few more lines in the manual.

Jean-Christophe Helary