Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 22:19:21 +0900

> On Jun 7, 2019, at 17:44, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
>> Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 10:04:27 +0200

>>> Stefan explained up-thread (though perhaps on emacs-devel and not
>>> here) what needs to be done for that, so I'm unsure what are your
>>> difficulties in this matter.  Maybe describe what you tried in more
>>> detail?
>>
>> The OP is explaining himself quite clearly.
>
> I thought so was I.
>
>> There is no reason whatsoever to disallow binding C-[ on GUI Emacs
>> the same way you can bind any other key.
>
> My understanding of what Stefan wrote was that this is NOT disallowed.
>
> There's no reason to chastise me, even if it turns out I've
> misunderstood what Stefan said.  That's why I asked Jean-Christophe to
> describe what he tried -- to clear up any possible misunderstandings,
> including mine.

As I replied to Noam, I had not understood the

(define-key input-decode-map "\C-[" [C-left-bracket])

part

so I tried a number of things that messed my setup had to restart, try again,
etc. without any success.

I still don't understand where that "left-bracket" comes from so if you could
explain that would be extra nice.

Jean-Christophe Helary