RE: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 14:54:09 +0000 (UTC)

> Here is a little helper, I have it bound to
> "s", as in source.
> (defun info-copy-current-node-name-elisp ()
>   "..."
>   (interactive)
>   (Info-copy-current-node-name 0))

Good one.

Somewhat related: This command is available in
Info+ (bound in Info to `G').  I use it to
quickly get the URL to paste into web pages etc.

(defun Info-goto-node-web (node &optional flip-new-win)
  "Use `browse-url' to go to Info node NODE using a Web browser.
With a prefix arg, reverse the effect of option
option`browse-url-new-window-flag'.

NODE is the name of a node in the GNU Emacs or Elisp manual.
Alternatively, NODE can have the form (MANUAL)NODE, where MANUAL is
\"emacs\" or \"elisp\" and NODE is the name of the node in that
manual.  Empty NODE in (MANUAL) defaults to the `Top' node."
  (interactive
   (list (Info-read-node-name "Go to node: " Info-current-node)
         current-prefix-arg))
  (require 'browse-url)
  (unless Info-current-file
    (error "This command must be invoked from Info"))
  (browse-url (Info-url-for-node node)
              (list (if flip-new-win
                        (not browse-url-new-window-flag)
                      browse-url-new-window-flag))))