Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:56:57 +0200

Sorry for starting this, this is exactly the kind of discussions I try
to avoid at any price because at the end there are a lot of emails that
finally solve nothing because there is never an agreement.

I just mentioned AN EXAMPLE. So please, as none of these issues will be
solved, just try to forget this threads (which started as a question
about using a common lisp interpreter to improve performance) and
continue working with emacs as you do normally.

Else just think what a new user would like to see in a editor (or what
they don't find in emacs) and just make a list (please open mind). And
publish that somewhere that people can vote for them.

We have this discussions so often because we only get the developer's and
old users opinion. But not a general public survey to measure global
opinions.