Re: Disemvowelment Mode?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: Disemvowelment Mode?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 19:48:26 -0500

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I just wanted to point out that I don't understand why you'd find it
> desirable for the software
> to remove the vowels that you did type.

That is my fault: I didn't share why.

When I am typing, most of the time I can keep up and more or less
apply the simple rules
I am trying to follow. The problem is when I get distracted (or tired,
or the speaker goes to fast
and I can't keep up) and I just start typing word-for-word. In those
cases, I don't want to have to go
back over the document to clean it up. That is why I was thinking
about the mode "looking back at the
last two words or so" to do the right thing to them.

Having talked through this now, there is certainly a case for not
doing this in a mode  -_-  :).

Thanks for your feedback.