Re: how to show point value on strip/bar (aka modeline) [was: help-gnu-e

From: tomas
Subject: Re: how to show point value on strip/bar (aka modeline) [was: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 198, Issue 25]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 16:18:51 +0200

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 06:43:53PM +0700, Budi wrote:
> How to make emacs always to show point value on  strip/bar
>
> what workaround to get such if no standard menu exists

It does help to know how the strip/bar is called in Emacs
jargon: it's the "mode line".

You can find its settings via the menu "Options" -> "Customize Emacs" ->
"Top-level Customization Group", then follow the links "Environment" and
"Mode Line".

There are, of course, many other ways -- like M-x line-number-mode and
then M-x column-number-mode.

Searching the Emacs manual for "line number" or "column number would have
helped, too. "Strip" doesn't help and "bar" is too unspecific (49 hits).

(BTW: I changed the subject: your's wasn't very helpful to find help ;-)
HTH
-- tomás