Is there a way to abort loading .el file on condition?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Is there a way to abort loading .el file on condition?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:49:08 +0200

Hello,

I would like to abort loading the .el file, the
~/.emacs file on the condition, in particular, I
have two versions of GNU Emacs, the standard one
25.3.1 which I would not like to read the .emacs
file and the one which I use for work, which
should read the ~/.emacs file.

Is there a way that a condition is inserted on top
of the ~/.emacs file so that based on the version
information the file loading gets aborted?

Such conditional statement should not enclose all
the statements in the file as for example
customization on the end would break or similar.

Jean