Re: Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:47:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Is there a way to disable this or to get
>> back to Emacs which is still run?
>
> When that happens, Emacs _asks_ you whether
> to abort and dump core. You don't have to
> answer YES.

OK, then what happens to me is something else.
Emacs gets buried as a bg process. I never
cared for that fg and bg stuff anyway, as
I don't see the benefit (maybe I'm blind?).

Perhaps there is an easy way to get back to
Emacs, but because it happens so rarely, so far
I've just killed it and started over.

I doesn't feel like the right thing to do, but
at least I blame my poor uptime on it.

    $ uptime
    17:45:12 up 1 day, 14:33, 14 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.09, 0.03

Oh, wait! That's the system uptime, not ERC
#emacs ditto...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573