Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 09:51:14 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I meant even more, and in particular the way
>> I suggested it :)
>
> If something useful is missing from
> etc/DEBUG, please point that out.
> But including that stuff in the user manual
> would be a step in the wrong direction,
> because there's quite a bit to tell, while
> "Checklist" is already more than 350 lines
> long, and runs a real risk to lose the reader
> too early.

I'm not suggesting adding anything more to the
"Checklist", which is a lousy name as I said.
People won't read it, _especially_ not if it
is long.

My suggestion is add a *new* short, neat,
to-the-point entry, with the title ~"When Emacs
crashes, use GDB like this".

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573