Re: About early-init right use.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: About early-init right use.
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 13:09:22 -0400

> Seems a bit contradictory wrt "variables that affect frame
> appearance".  What variables are we talking about, if they
> are not "related to GUI features"?

If you can improve the wording it would help.  Indeed "related" is not
precise enough.

Since the GUI is initialized after loading the early-init.el, you can't
(yet) *ask* Emacs about the GUI (e.g. `window-system` will give you the
wrong info, frame sizes won't be right either, ...), but you can *tell*
Emacs about GUI-related settings like `(setq default-frame-alist ...)`.

You also can't use your installed packages from early-init.el because
they haven't been activated yet (tho you can manually activate them by
calling `package-activate-all`, of course).

        Stefan