Full word wrap for the compilation window ?

From: jonetsu
Subject: Full word wrap for the compilation window ?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:37:25 -0400

I've enabled line wrap in the compilation results window but it
line-wraps at the character level, showing those little arrows in the
margins at each end.  Is it possible to have a full word-based line
wrap ?

What I do so far is:

(defun my-compilation-mode-hook ()
  (setq truncate-lines nil) ;; automatically becomes buffer local
  (set (make-local-variable 'truncate-partial-width-windows) nil))
(add-hook 'compilation-mode-hook 'my-compilation-mode-hook)

Thanks.