Re: what has the face `message-separator' *really* done for us?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: what has the face `message-separator' *really* done for us?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 02:39:39 +0100

Damien Collard wrote:

> (I have set it the same as
> `font-lock-comment-face`, trying to keep the
> number of colors as low as possible).

Interesting, we have opposite approaches...

>> The only thing I can think of are the three
>> dashes between the header and body parts of
>> the message. But they don't seem to be
>> affected by the face.
>
> In my case it is affected by
> `message-separator` (message-mode set up by
> Gnus; the separator is "--text follows this
> line--").

"--text follows this line--" rings a bell, but
I haven't seen it in ages. Maybe it is
something I configured away ages ago...

Also, I don't have "message-separator". I do
have:

    message-form-letter-separator
    message-signature-separator
    message-unsent-separator

none of which I see around, when I examine
their values.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573