Help writing a helm email-address-at-point fn

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Help writing a helm email-address-at-point fn
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 22:06:52 -0700

I use helm and bbdb to complete addresses in my to/from/cc fields. It sort-of
works, but I'm leveraging word-at-point. This means that if I type "Joe" and
type "<TAB>", I see the completions I expect, but if I type "Joe Somebod" I get
completions (and replace) just the "Somebod", both not taking into account the
"Joe" and also leaving it there after I make my selection. It seems like I need
to define a new "thing-at-point" function, but I'm having trouble figuring out
how.

Looking at how bbdb-company isolates the right match, I gleaned the following
regexp:

(line-beginning-position))

But I can't quite figure out how to use that to make a thing-at-point I could
drop in to replace my use of `word-at-point`. Any help would be much
appreciated.

- Tory