Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Stefan Monnier
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:03:19 -0500

>> It is also not limited to gmail, AFAIR.
> Agreed.  It will be caused by any of the email service providers that
> decide to reject email for a while.

Isn't it "all" due to DKIM?
At least on the one mailing-list I setup here, my gmail users were
blocked because of DKIM (more specifically, whenever someone from
a DKIM-using domain sent a mail to that mailing-list, Gmail would then
see this mail coming from our mailing-list host instead of from one of the
DKIM-approved hosts for that sender) and would block it.

So I had to enable a specific hack in the mailing-list config, which
causes the headers to look different (the "From:" mentions the name of
the real sender but has the email address of the mailing-list, which is
rather annoying).  I don't see such munging in the gnu.org mailing
lists, so I suspect they suffer from the same problem.

Basically, the blocking done by gmail means they block all "normal"
mailing-list traffic and I'm not sure how it can be fixed "right".

        Stefan