Re: [OFFTOPIC] 1L?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] 1L?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:35:56 +0100

> PS: The reason why I use Debian is because 15 years ago its package
> management tools were much better than the competition (or at least the
> part of the competition that I knew back then).

AOL! Except my switch was when a SuSE distro failed to upgrade in 2001.
The machine I initially installed debian on actually survived to 2016 (a
1996 vintage PII 233MHz), doing "apt-get dist-upgrade" all the way,
though in its later years it was degraded to router/firewall.

> And I haven't been bothered enough since to try and look for something
> else (tho I do like the NixOS design better).

I was unfaithful with Ubuntu for a couple of years (the netbook distro,
until Shuttleworth broke it with unity), but Ubuntu's just a different
side of the same coin really.