Re: Magit obsolete ?

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re: Magit obsolete ?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 19:50:15 -0500

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 01:38:35 +0100
Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> wrote:

> Here is what it says for me:
>
>     magit is an available package.

Here it has shown the two lines I pasted at the beginning of this
thread.  I wonder why it has shown that 'obsolete' mention here.
There's only one melpa repository isn't it ?  And since Magit is an
active project since quite some time I don't think that a missing
packages-refresh-contents would be a valid culprit.  Ah well,
everything points to the fact that Magit is a very active project.  I
just found it odd that melpa would have such a contradictory mention.
I of course installed it anyways.

Cheers.