Re: Gmane up again

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Gmane up again
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 17:00:31 +0100

Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com> writes:

>> You just post a message to any Gmane newsgroup,
>> e.g. gmane.test.
>
> How do I get a list of available newsgroups? When I search for
> "gmane", "emacs", "python", all I get is a picture of some laborers
> digging up a street between trolley tracks.
>
> Skip

<http://gmane.org> has a search function, which might work. Otherwise
inside Gnus (you are using Gnus, right?) you can enter the server
buffer using '^', then hit 'RET' on the gmane server, and it will pull
the list of all the groups for you. You can subscribe from the
resulting buffer. (the only candidate I saw is
"gmane.emacs.python-mode").

Robert