Re: bbdbv3 with rmail

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: bbdbv3 with rmail
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 12:16:50 -1000

> BBDB seems a good candidate but dunno if v3 is ok (there is really
> poor litterature with it)

BBDB 3 is a bit arcane and does take time to learn and to get set up
for the way you like to work. It can be frustrating at first, but
believe me, your efforts will be well repaid in the end. At this
point, I would really miss it if it were to go away. It works
wonderfully with gnus (which is even more arcane and takes even more
time to get right, but also greatly rewards that time and trouble).

BBDB v3 is a big upgrade over v2, even though documentation lags. But
there is a mailing list and people there are very helpful.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Via Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB.