Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Invoking a function from a list of functions

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Invoking a function from a list of functions
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 02:08:29 +0700

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 1:58 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> the compatibility decomposition of ⁵ is 5, and the compatibility
> decomposition of ⑴, a single character, is (1), which is a list in
> Emacs.
>
> That way lies madness, IMO.

FWIW, I agree, trying to apply too much decomposition is misguided.

(I was recently informed that web browsers allow the use of
compatibility characters in domain names, and compatibility-decompose
them before resolving, so U+338F “kilogram” becomes Kyrgyzstan and
milliliter maps to Mali. That *is* madness.)