Re: gnus registry pruning

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: gnus registry pruning
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 16:44:08 +0100

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> How can I set my registry to prune automatically?

It prunes automatically without any setting, but only when it has gotten
too large (more that gnus-registry-max-entries entries).

> I currently do this by hand, using `M-x gnus-registry-remake-db' when
> .gnus.registry.eieio get too large.

Doesn't this delete your registry?

> I set the default size explicitly in my ~/.gnus.el with
>
> (setq gnus-registry-max-entries 2500)

That should be sufficient.  You also need (gnus-registry-initialize) of
course.

I have not much more and get pruning very frequently.

Michael.