Re: 26.1 emacs-mac 7.2; map key to interactive lisp function (command) w

From: Van L
Subject: Re: 26.1 emacs-mac 7.2; map key to interactive lisp function (command) with an argument
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:55:47 +1100

>> At the outset my goal was to get rid of lines 6 to 9, 12 to 15.
>
> Why would you want that?

I guess in the jargon here
I was trying to refactor
just a very little bit.

>  Copy/paste is cheap, much cheaper than your
> time (assuming you need to do something other than play with Lisp
> forms).  It's possible, but it's advanced stuff, so beginners are well
> advised to steer away from that.
>
> The "advanced" way of doing what you wanted was explained by Michael:
> use a lambda-function

I will that figure out one day. Probably not today or tomorrow.
The word lambda isn’t an everyday, day-to-day word in my voabc.

My ultimate goal is to figure out how to write a lisp program,
to write a lisp program, which writes a lisp program.
On its own.