Re: Newsgroups mailing-list gateway broken thread

From: Emanuel Berg
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 20:37:10 +0200

Garreau, Alexandre wrote:

> I expect the newsgroups gateway *should*
> work. So this is to fix, rather than
> suggesting gmane as a workaround (the issue
> of it being slower is a separate issue).

(This post I send thru gnu.emacs.help - so now
you can compare it to the Gmane post, if that
interests you!)

Gmane isn't exactly a workaround, either. Or if
it is, it is a HUGE one! Gmane is rather
Usenet 2.0 or Usenet Reloaded. It is the best
of both worlds, the worlds being the
mailing lists and the Usenet newsgroups.

Not all Gmane groups are that much slower by
the way. I don't know why.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573