Re: How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred files?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 17:11:15 +0200

Gerald Wildgruber wrote:

> (dolist (f argv) (find-file f)
> (mark-whole-buffer) (unfill-paragraph t)
> (org-forward-paragraph) (save-buffer))

This looks a bit wierd but I'm unsure because
I'm not as close to whatever it is you're
trying to do. What does `org-forward-paragraph'
do? Shouldn't you have a loop for that as well
if you you want to do this to several
paragraphs? But then, isn't `mark-whole-buffer'
something that runs contradictory to this?
Even so, something should happen what I can
see. Like the FIRST paragraph getting unfilled
at the very least.

Try to replace it with something simpler.
Like adding a single char to each file:

    (insert ?a)

If this works, your problem is with the
`dolist' stuff and you just need the details
figured out.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573