Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Martin Šlouf
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 16:09:18 +0200

> Notmuch is what I finally settled in.
> It provides Google like search facility together with tag-based email
> management.

+1 for notmuch

- easy to setup
- super easy search
- fast (once you set your filters correctly -- ie. limit your initial
filters by date)
- don't mess up with your Maildir folder, so you can access your
messages with different tools if need be (mutt)
- notmuch for my mail is like magit for my development

but to be honest, one has to:

1. download mail and store it (prefferably Maildir format?)
=> use fetchmail for that
2. tag all incoming mail as needed
=> use custom shell script for that
3. configure emacs
=> if you have plenty of mail, setting date limit is crucial, otherwise
font-lock mode (I want it) kills the mail browsing experience

m.