Re: desktop.el and frame parameters when -nw

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: desktop.el and frame parameters when -nw
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 08:33:40 +0200

> When desktop.el saves/loads a session, it normally saves and loads the 'frame
> parameters' (set with `set-frame-parameter' and `frame-parameter'). However,
> when starting emacs with -nw (in a terminal, with no gui), these frame
> parameters don't seem to be restored.

I suppose this is due to desktop.el's

(defun desktop-restoring-frameset-p ()
  "True if calling `desktop-restore-frameset' will actually restore it."
  (and desktop-restore-frames desktop-saved-frameset (display-graphic-p) t))

Try removing the (display-graphic-p).  But I'm quite confident that
this will get you into lots of other troubles.

martin